Your Rights under the New Hampshire WARN Act
With a nationwide practice of WARN Act litigation, we naturally represent clients in New Hampshire.
Contact Us at 1-212-245-1000 or toll free at 1-877-927-6228.
Beyond the protection provided by the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification, the New Hampshire WARN Act goes a bit further in ensuring compensation and benefits for hard-working residents. Few attorneys have the knowledge of our WARN Act lawyers, Jack A. Raisner and Ren S. Roupinian. Few firms boast our breadth of experience and nationwide scope in class action litigation.
You have rights following a layoff. Protecting them is paramount to the attorneys at our firm. Contact Us at 1-212-245-1000 or toll free at 1-877-927-6228.
New Hampshire WARN Act Expands on Federal Regulations
With more employees covered, New Hampshire can count on greater protection under the state mandates. WARN Act litigation attorneys Jack A. Raisner and René S. Roupinian will educate you on the pros and cons of the New Hampshire WARN Act and the federal WARN Act.
The New Hampshire WARN Act provides additional rights to New Hampshire employees, including the following:
- Employers with 75 or more full-time employees (federal is 100) must provide advance written notice of a business closing or mass layoff.
- Notice must come within 60 days prior to job loss.
- The shutdown need only affect 50 (federal is also 50) or more full-time employees to trigger New Hampshire WARN rights.
- The layoff at a single site need only involve 25 or more full-time employees (federal is 50) constituting 33% during any 30 day period, or 250 (federal is 500).
- Recovery is up to 60 days wages and benefits.
For more information or to schedule a free telephone consultation with an experienced lawyer regarding a layoff violation in New Hampshire, please Contact Us.