Aggressive Protection of Your Rights under the WARN Act
Attorneys Jack A. Raisner and René S. Roupinian of the New York-based employment law firm of Outten & Golden LLP provide aggressive advocacy for their clients laid off in violation of the Worker Adjustment and Retaining Notification (WARN) Act. Their job is to hold employers accountable when they callously disregard the rights of their terminated work force.
If your rights under the WARN Act were violated, Contact Us at 1-212-245-1000 or toll free at 1-877-927-6228.
Know Your WARN Act Rights
The WARN Act protects your rights. Companies who ignore the laws in mass layoffs violate your rights. The job of seasoned WARN Act attorneys Jack A. Raisner and René S. Roupinian is to seek compensation when those rights are violated.
For a layoff to qualify under the federal WARN Act, the following must occur:
- Employers must have 100 or more full-time employees who work more than six of the past 12 months and average over 20 hours a week (note that most government employers are not covered).
- 50 or more laid-off employees at a site representing over a third of the workforce at a site are terminated (500 or more do not need to meet the 1/3 ratio).
- 50 or more employees let go in a worksite shutdown.
- Workforce reductions within a 30-day window are combined into one.
- The 90-day rule combines two layoffs that may not meet the threshold individually.
Seasoned WARN Act Attorneys with Nationwide Experience
If you are confused by the statutes associated with federal and state WARN Acts, you are not alone. Your best strategy is to consult with a seasoned attorney at Outten & Golden LLP. We are one of the largest employment law firms in the nation, and our practice of WARN Act litigation has taken us from New York to New Jersey and areas around the country, including Ohio and California.
For more information or to schedule a free telephone consultation with an experienced lawyer, please Contact Us .